Mountain Village’s pedestrian-friendly Heritage Plaza comes to life with tents each Wednesday with vendors selling farm-fresh produce and food, crafts and health products, and more.
Free Yoga – Join Crisanne Schworn for a donation-based gentle yoga class at 12 P.M. on the green in Reflection Plaza. This yoga class is for all levels, expect to strengthen the body, stretch and relax.
Live Music – Danny D’Alessandro is a multi-instrumentalist, arranger, and singer-songwriter, performing mainly on sax, banjo, and flute. Be sure to catch him from 12-4 P.M. in Heritage Plaza.
Books Alive – Telluride Theatre’s “Books Alive” will be performing an adaptation of the bilingual book, “Rubia and the Three Osos” by Susan Middleton Elya at 1 P.M. in Heritage Plaza.
Tangy Apricot Glazed Grilled Pork Chops
- 6 thick-cut bone-in pork chops
For the brine:
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups water
For the glaze
- 3/4 cup apricot preserve
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- extra salt to taste
INSTRUCTIONS for the glaze:
- Prepare the glaze by combining the preserves, vinegar, garlic powder, and paprika in a small saucepan. Heat 3-5 minutes over a low flame and stir to combine. If you are using preserves that have larger fruit chunks, you will need to strain your glaze at this stage, then return it to the pan.
INSTRUCTIONS for the pork chops:
- Start by preparing the brine. Combine sugar, salt and water in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until granules have dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool and return to room temperature.
- Place pork chops in a bowl or large zip-top bag, and add in cooled brine so the meat is completely immersed. Cover or seal, and place in the fridge for 2-6 hours.
- Heat a grill for two zone cooking.
- Remove the chops from brine, and place them onto the direct heat/ hot part of the grill. Sprinkle with a little extra salt. Cook 4-6 minutes until the color has developed, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Once your chops have developed a deep brown color with grill marks, move them to the cool side of the grill. Brush with the glaze and continue cooking, turning the chops every 4-6 minutes and applying more glaze until the internal temperature reaches 143F. Remove from grill.
Coat with one final application of glaze before serving.
We are excited to have a diverse selection of local produce, homemade goods and other one-of-a-kind finds.
Amy Leiner Designs
Amy Leiner Designs jewelry and scarf collections are the perfect line between chic and bohemian. Pieces are rich in textural layers and contrasts.
Buckel Family Wine
Buckel Family Wine is a Colorado craft winery, producing fine wines with Colorado grapes which highlight the terroir of the Western Slope.
Butterfly Outpost is a small flower farm on the Western Slope of Colorado specializing in field grown, fragrant, heirloom cut flowers and foliage.
Planet Over Plastics Coalition’s Waste Free Tips
Paper or Plastic? NEITHER!
Use reusable bags instead for all of your shopping needs. Don’t just limit this to grocery shopping—bring reusable bags when shopping at the Market on the Plaza, for clothes, books, household goods, etc. You can also use reusable produce bags to purchase loose food items (such as fruits and veggies) from the grocery store.