GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. – Letting it snow was the last concern at Pathways Village. Due to colder weather, a water pipe in the apartment cracked roughly eighteen inches and that triggered the fire alarm, causing the floodgates to open.
“Fortunately, for us, it was not a fire,” Tracey Johnson informs, “Unfortunately, our sprinkler system pipe busted between the second and third floors which meant that half of our building was without electricity and water, and about eight of our units got water in them; two of them excessively, there’s a lot of damage to those two.”
Since Sunday’s evacuation, its staff has been nonstop making sure that families are safe and doing okay.
“I think the core part of the process was just making sure that everyone was taken care of and accounted for,” Ashley Rhoads shares, “Yeah, that’s really it; just checking in on everyone, making sure everyone was okay even outside of the physical issues that were going on, just the mental toll that comes with possibly losing your home and all of your belongings, everything you’ve accrued in your lifetime.”
While the fire department inspects rooms, families affected have been transferred to hotels.