GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KREX) — Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies teamed up to arrest 10 men accused of trying to lure underage people for sex. The Mesa County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the two-day operation targeted suspected child sex predators in and around Mesa County.
The suspects arrested are as follows:
- 35-year-old Pablo Cristobal-Apitzagco of Rifle
- 68-year-old Kevin Martin of Loma
- 31-year-old Cameron Gallegos-Shawcroft of Grand Junction
- 56-year-old Yogesh Patel of Grand Junction
- 34-year-old Andrew Peterson of Grand Junction
- 37-year-old Anthony Martinez of Grand Junction
- 39-year-old John Rentie of Grand Junction
- 39-year-old Russell Sheley of Grand Junction
- 28-year-old Matthew Stieb of Grand Junction
- 34-year-old Kevin Walters of Grand Junction
The MCSO worked with the Grand Junction Police Department, the Palisade Police Department, the Grand County Sheriff’s Office of Utah, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Colorado State Patrol, the 21st Judicial District Attorney’s Office and Homeland Security Investigations on a two-day operation targeting suspects who use the internet to solicit minors for sex.
All law enforcement agencies involved hope this operation serves as a warning to those who knowingly and willfully solicit underage persons for sexual acts that these crimes are not tolerated on the Western Slope.