GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KREX) — Deputies with the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) arrested 19-year-old Devin Maestas on multiple counts of Internet Luring of a Child. Maestas was arrested and booked into the Mesa County Detention Facility on April 1.
The Clifton teen is accused of using Snapchat to send explicit messages, solicit sexual acts, and offer drugs to children as young as ten years old. He is now facing charges of:
- Distribution of Schedule I/II to a minor (DF1)
- 8 counts of Internet Luring of a Child (F4)
- Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor (F4)
- 19 counts of Soliciting for Prostitution (M3)
- 1st Degree Criminal Trespass of an Auto (M1)
- Theft less than $50.00 from an Auto (PO1)
- Resisting Arrest (M2)
- Obstruction (M2)
Maestas is being held on a total bond of $51,100, but is ineligible of being released due to two additional charges of Probation Violation.
The MCSO has a page of resources available on how parents can create an open dialogue with their kids about what is and isn’t appropriate behavior online.