MESA COUNTY, Colo. (KREX) — From now until September 30, individuals with financial need can have their pet spayed or neutered at a more affordable rate. Those sterilization procedures can actually help pets live longer, healthier lives.
Mesa County Animal Services offers reduced prices to help keep populations of cats and dogs under control.
“10 years ago, we were getting in 6000 animals a year and that’s just too many animals,” Mesa County Animal Services Director Doug Frye expresses, “These programs of make definite impact on reducing the number of animals coming to the shelter.”
Issuing the vouchers is entirely up to the discretion of each veterinarian’s office. Pet owners are encouraged to contact one of the participating veterinarians listed:
- All Pets Center 970.241.1976
- Animal Birth Control 970.523.5487
- Arrowhead Veterinary Hospital 970.858.8881
- CLAWS (Feline ONLY) 970.697.1010
- Cottonwood Veterinary Hospital 970.245.0135
- Footprints Animal Hospital 970.241.4247
- Grand View Animal Hospital 970.523.2060
- Monument View Veterinary Hospital 970.644.5552
- Orchard Mesa Veterinary Hospital 970.241.9866
- Redlands Pet Clinic 970.245.4060
- VCA Tiara Rado Animal Hospital 970.243.4007