DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
The Colorado cold case task force created a list of those cases dating back to 1970. The Problem Solvers are working to highlight cold cases in our state.
Where is Nancy Begg-Shoupp?
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation and Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office are working to solve the cold case of Nancy Begg-Shoupp.
Begg-Shoupp was last seen on April 28, 1990, and she has not be heard from since.
The sheriff’s office said that Begg-Shoupp was supposed to pick up her children from her husband. She was separated from him and had filed for divorce.
Begg-Shoupp allegedly never arrived to pick up her children.
The sheriff’s office said Begg-Shoupp’s mother tried to reach her but was not successful. She also learned her daughter didn’t show up at work.
“According to Nancy’s employer, it was extremely unusual for Nancy not to call in if she was going to be late or miss work; because of this, the authorities were notified,” the sheriff’s office said.
During the investigation, Begg-Shoupp’s car was found at her home in Littleton, but she was not there.
The sheriff’s office said foul play is suspected in Begg-Shoupp’s disappearance.
If you have any information about this case, please contact Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office at 303-795-4711.
Highlighting cold cases in Colorado
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who killed this 10-year-old boy in 1991?
- Cold case: Who murdered Stephanie Bauman 42 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered Jennifer Larsen 27 years ago?
- Cold case: Who shot David Williams to death in 2005?
- Cold case: Who murdered Maggie Long 1,651 days ago?
- Cold case: What happened to Elizabeth Miller 40 years ago?
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- Cold case: Who murdered Daniel Lell in Aurora in 2013?
- Missing: Highlighting the search for people missing in Colorado
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form or send an email to email@example.com-
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there over 20,000 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.