Chimney fire leaves a resident injured

Local News

GRAND JUNCTION– A house fire leaves one local resident injured Tuesday night.

The Grand Junction Fire department responded to the scene at a house on the 2400 block of I Road.

Crews responded to the call at around 6:40 PM when the two-story home’s chimney and attic caught on fire.

At this point, it’s unknown what caused the fire.

One resident was transported to the hospital for minor injuries.

The Grand Junction Fire Department remained on the scene to extinguish hot spots and says house fires like this needs to be taken seriously.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss