August in Colorado means delicious peaches, and there’s no better place to enjoy them than at the Palisade Peach Festival! This year’s celebration will take place August 15-18 at Riverbend Park, and tickets can be purchased online or at the gates.
Before the festivities get underway, Dave Kassera, executive chef at the Wine Country Inn, teaches us how to make Peach Pie Biscuit Bombs.
You can enjoy these peachy treats too, by following the recipe below.
- 1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches
- 3-4 ounces Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Split biscuits in half. Place 3-4 slices of peach in the center of the bottom half of each biscuit. Add a small spoonful of Brie (about a teaspoon). Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with honey.
- Place the top on each biscuit and gently press the edges down to lightly seal and close. Take each one in hand and gently form into balls so the biscuit is wrapped all the way around the filling. Place 2″ apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Put the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt it and cook until it smells nutty. Remove from heat. Brush each bomb with the browned butter, making sure to get the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, tops will be golden.
- Brush the bombs with remaining browned butter after baking and serve warm.