Fire In Palisade

Local News

Crews Battle Shed Fire

PALISADE, Colo. –

The Palisade Fire Department was called out to a fire shortly after 4pm. Chief Richard Rupp of PFD says an orchard shed caught fire. The department saved a near-by cooler that housed peaches, and a powerline pole. Weeds and grass were on fire when the department arrived. Chief Rupp said workers at the orchard were doing a prescribed burn, a little wind and a small spark led to the situation. He reminds KREX to make sure if you are burning you are always vigilant.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.