Fire managers have decided to lift fire restrictions for all of Mesa County, including BLM-administered public lands on Friday, August 18.
Stage 1 fire restrictions began in Mesa County on Friday, July 21. Here’s what stage 1 fire restrictions prohibit:
- Personal use of fireworks
- Campfires outside of designated fire pits or fire rings
- Agricultural open burning without a sheriff’s issued burn permit
- Use of explosive targets
- Smoking outside near combustible materials
- Operation chainsaws without spark-arresting device
- Welding or operating acetylene or another torch with open flame except in cleared areas of at least 10 feet in diameter and in posession of an unexpired chemical pressurized fire extinguisher
Officials would like to remind the public fireworks are never permitted on public land and wood fires are never permitted anywhere near the Colorado National Monument.