Girl Scout Cookies are here by the truckload. 16 guys from Bailey’s Moving Company are happy to give the Girl Scouts some extra hands with sorting the inventory.
“The cookies are cool,” Dylan Coombs states, “I think it makes me feel like my job’s a little bit more relevant to everything that goes on in our community. I see Girl Scouts out in front of the stores, Walmart, selling cookies every year. It just makes me feel like I’m a part of something.”
The movers stepped in to help with over 7,000 cases of cookies, that means all of these tasty treats will get to where they need to be.
“Having Bailey’s movers out here doesn’t just help with carrying the orders,” Cora Dickey says, “With the pandemic still here, this process makes it safer for the girls to deliver the cookies to you and me.”
Volunteers from across the region pick up the troop’s orders early so that Girl Scouts can begin selling and delivering immediately. Troop moms and dads look forward to cookie season knowing its impact on the girls selling.
“I’m kinda more pumped about all the stuff they’re gonna do with the cookie money. you know?” Ryan Ellington expresses, “The girls get to go on trips, they get to go camping, they buy supplies for their troop. This is how it gets done.”
Girl Scouts Cookies are for sale starting January 31 with booth sales starting at multiple locations on the same day including, but not limited to:
- Northeast Christian Church: 2751 Patterson Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81506 (1 p.m.-5 p.m.)
- Pomona Elementary School: 588 25 1/2 Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Edward Jones – Mesa Pointe Shopping Center: 3210, I-70BL Suite B, Clifton, CO 81520 (12:30 p.m.-4 p.m.)
- Golden Gate Gas Station: 2385 G Rd, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m)
- Petco: 2464 US Highway 6&50 Ste A, Grand Junction, CO 81505 (10 a.m.- 4 p.m.)
- Sportsman’s Warehouse: 2464 US Hwy 6 And 50, Ste A Grand Junction, CO 81505 (1 p.m.-3 p.m.)
- Mesa Fitness Clifton: 3229 I-70 Business Loop, Clifton, CO 81520 (8 a.m.-12 p.m)
Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Trefoils, Dos-si-Dos, and Lemon-Ups are $4/package. S’mores and gluten-free Toffee-tastic are $5/package. The 2021 Girl Scout Cookie Program ends Sunday, March 7.