GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KREX)–Your child’s safety is probably extremely important to you–and it’s important to Grand Junction Fire Department as well. That’s why they offer a free car seat installation check–and it only takes about 30 minutes.
Grand Junction Fire estimates a shocking 80 to 90 percent of car seats they see are not correctly installed. The focus for the fire department is on two main areas; how the car seat fits in the car and how a child fits in the car seat. If they find any issues with either of those two areas, they will help you fix them.
Grand Junction Fire Department’s Community Outreach Specialist, Ellis Thompson-Ellis says one common mistake for parents to make is using the latch system as well as a seat belt to secure the car seat, and that the systems are there for you to use “one or the other–not both.”
The Grand Junction Fire Department wants to help make sure your child is as safe as possible on your next drive. If you have any questions or concerns about your car seat, call 970-549-5800.
- Crocs giving away thousands of free shoes
- Move over Chick-fil-A, new drive-thru crowned the fastest
- Search continues for kidnapped California family: ‘Please let them go’
- Top health officials warn of bad flu season, urge vaccination
- ‘Halloween’ slasher Michael Myers is hiding in every listing photo of New Hampshire home: Can you spot him?