GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. — On February 1, 2021, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) released Security Directive 1582/84-21-01, which requires face masks on all public transportation.
This requirement applies to local transit, including Grand Valley Transit (GVT), regional and national transit, including Bustang and Greyhound, and air travel. This directive expires May 11, 2021, subject to extension, and must be followed until the expiration date regardless of state or local requirements or recommendations.
All Grand Valley Transit riders must continue to wear masks when awaiting, boarding, traveling on, or disembarking the bus and within any transit facility building. Please note the following mask rules:
• Masks must cover nose & mouth
• Masks must fit snugly to face
• Masks cannot have any holes, vents, or tears
• Scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, and bandanas are not permitted.
• Face shields are only permitted if a mask is worn with it or a rider has a disability that prevents
him/her from wearing a face mask.
Per the TSA Security Directive, these requirements must be in effect on Grand Valley Transit buses and facilities until the expiration of the directive.