CLIFTON, Colo – At approximately 5:30 Thursday morning, deputies received a report of a domestic disturbance at a residence on the 400 block of Forelle Ct in Clifton. Deputies learned a woman and her children were hiding in their bedroom, while a male, identified as Daniel Rosales, 31, of Grand Junction, was refusing to leave.
Deputies safely evacuated the woman and children, but Rosales refused to come outside.
A Community Notification to shelter in place was sent to about 70 residents in the area. Homes immediately surrounding the subject’s home were evacuated as a precaution.
The combined Mesa County Sheriff’s Office and Grand Junction Police Department SWAT Team was called out to assist. A search warrant was obtained to enter the residence and arrest Rosales. The SWAT team entered the home and at approximately 11:40 a.m. Rosales was arrested without further incident.
Rosales is facing the following charges:
- 2nd Degree Burglary (Class 3 Felony)
- Harassment (Class 1 Misdemeanor)
- Criminal Mischief, Less Than $300 (Class 3 Misdemeanor)
- Obstructing Government Operations (Class 3 Misdemeanor)
- Violation of Bail Bond Conditions (Class 6 Felony)
- Resisting Arrest (Class 2 Misdemeanor)
- Barricades and Refused Police Entry Upon Request
- Domestic Violence
Rosales was transported to the hospital to be evaluated. Once medically cleared, he was transported to the Mesa County Detention Facility.