MESA COUNTY, Colo. — Due to the Pine Gulch Fire, several roads have been closed to the public. Those roads are listed below.
See more information about the Pine Gulch Fire here.
Southeast of Fire:
- Roan Creek Road (204) at North Dry Fork Road (200)
- V 2/10 Road southwest of DeBeque
- Coal Canyon Road just past the Cameo Shooting Range
Southwest of Fire:
- Highway 139 north of Loma between Mile Point 6 and 39 (CDOT closure)
- 21 Road north of the BLM boundary
- 16 Road at V 8/10 Road
- Q 5/10 Road is closed at 18 Road
New Online Resource
To help keep the public informed, the Mesa County Sheriff’s Office created an online Fire Information Resource. Here you will find the latest information from the Rocky Mounty Incident Management Team about the Pine Gulch Fire as well as health and safety resources related to wildfires.
Smoke and ash will continue to affect our community as fire crews work diligently to contain this fire. Please limit your time outdoors. As you work to clean up the ash, avoid stirring up or sifting through ash as much as you can. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends:
- Mist areas with ash to keep the dust down. Follow with wet mopping.
- Use a damp cloth or wet mop on lightly dusted areas.
- When you wet down ash, use as little water as you can.
Currently, there are no evacuation orders for residents in Mesa County.