Sunday House Fire in Grand Junction

Local News

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.

A Grand Junction family of five is displaced after a house fire on Sunday, July 5th.

Clifton Fire says the structure fire in the 400 block of Cheshire Court in Grand Junction started about 1:45 p.m. According to the Clifton Fire Protection District, it’s believed fireworks may have been the cause, but the investigation is still underway.

Clifton and Grand Junction fire crews went to work on the fire, got the fire under control quickly, and no injuries have been reported. KREX 5 arrived on scene and spoke with a neighbor who saw the flames from his balcony, grabbed his garden house, and helped douse the flames to save the home before fire crews were able to arrive.

The Clifton Fire Protection District wants to remind everyone of the high fire danger and that Mesa County is under Stage 1 Fire Restrictions.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss