GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. — District 51 looks forward to welcoming back our elementary, middle, and high school students from Winter Break on Wednesday, January 6, 2021!
The third quarter will have in-person learning for all grade levels. This is not a change from December for D51 elementary or middle schools, all of which were open for in-person learning at the end of the second quarter on Dec. 18. High schools, however, were in remote learning for one week before Thanksgiving Break (as were middle schools and Pomona Elementary) and for three weeks between Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break.
Here is some important information to know as we head into second semester:
- Many procedures, such as extra cleanings, physical distancing, and mask usage throughout the day (with breaks) for middle and high school students will continue.
- Elementary schools will return to the original guidance of students wearing a mask in certain situations, such as going from class to class, but may remove them when in their cohorts.
- The D51 Online program will continue for those enrolled.
- Bus riders of all grade levels will keep wearing masks on the bus.
- School meals will continue to be free of charge for the rest of the 2020-21 school year.
The district is continuing to update it’s D51 Staff and Student Dashboard on a regular basis, so please check D51 Data Dashboard to see current data, and find more information about COVID-19 at d51schools.org/resources/covid-19/covid19. As we begin this school year, know that their goal continues to be keeping schools safely open. By working together, we have already accomplished so much, and have much to celebrate. They’re excited to continue the school year with all of their staff, students, and families.