MESA COUNTY, Colo. – Wednesday, July 17th, at approximately 2:30 pm deputies responded to a report of a possible kidnapping situation.
The person who called 911 said an 18-year-old friend, showed up at their home on the 2800 block of Orchard Avenue and said he was being held at gunpoint by two people waiting in a car outside. He said they were forcing him to retrieve property believed to be inside the home. The property sought was not there. The victim was forced to leave with the two people waiting outside. His friend, then called 911.
Deputies tracked down the car the three were traveling in to a residence nearby on the 500 block of N Sparn Court. Seth Carter, 35, of Grand Junction and Thomas Barnes, 33, of Grand Junction were arrested and the victim was rescued.
Both are facing the following charges:
- Second Degree Kidnapping (Class 2 Felony)
- Aggravated Robbery (Class 3 Felony)
- Criminal Extortion (Class 4 Felony)
- Felony Menacing (Class 5 Felony)
- 1st Degree Criminal Trespass of Auto (Class 5 Felony)
- Theft $300-$750 from a Motor Vehicle (Class 2 Misdemeanor)
This case is still under investigation.
Information courtesy of Mesa County Sheriff.