GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KREX) — There are 43 various elections, measures, and judge retention questions on the general ballot for the November 8th election.
There are 5 tax-related measures on the ballot, here is what they’re all about:
- State Amendment E
- Extend the Homestead exemption act to allow a property tax exemption for a widowed spouse if their significant other dies in the line of duty or due to a health issue related to their service.
- Since this is a Constitutional amendment it needs 55% of the vote to pass.
- Proposition FF
- Create a program providing free breakfast and lunch for all Colorado Public School Students by increasing taxes on households with a yearly income over $300,000 and drawing from Federal Funds for school meals.
- Proposition GG
- Force ballots to include a tax table showing how a specific measure would impact taxes.
- Proposition 121
- Lower the individual and corporate income taxes from 4.55% to 4.40% for all Colorado taxpayers.