This month’s Wine Wednesday brought us the perfect treat for any Fourth of July cookout: wine jello!
To make these delicious treats, you’ll need:
- Two packs of strawberry flavored Jello
- Two cups of boiling water
- Two cups of ice-cold St. Kathryn Cellar’s Sangria (or wine of your choice)
- A heaping Tbs of honey
- Whipped cream (almond or coconut milk will give it a tropical taste!)
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
Mix the honey and Jello packets into two cups of boiling water. Once that mixture is dissolved, add two cups of ice-cold wine (for the mixture to be alcoholic), or two cups of room temperature wine into the boiling water (for the mixture to be non-alcoholic). Let it cool to room temperature, then pour into wine glasses, chill, and top with whipped cream and sprinkles! These can be made the night before and allowed to set in the fridge for easy cookout prep.
Talon Winery/St. Kathryn Cellars can be found at 785 Elberta Ave. in Palisade.