January 5th Early Morning Forecast


Cloudier skies will return to the Western Slope for the Overnight hours. These cloudier skies will cause our morning lows to be much warmer than what we saw this morning. A short wave will begin to pass through the region tonight. This will bring slight chances for snow showers during the overnight hours. Peak snow chances will occur late tomorrow morning with a 60% by Aspen and Glenwood Springs. The lower valleys will see less likely snow chances around a 10% chance and Gunnison will see a 30% for snow showers. Snowfall from this system will be light with only 2-4 inches at the highest elevation, but it will be falling during your morning commute so watch out for icy and snow cover roads. High temperatures will be increasing as the week goes on and everywhere outside of Gunnison can expect to see a high in the upper 30s on Thursday.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss